Food and Nutrition Training Center of The National Institute of Nutrition has just accomplished a number of short courses on Basic Nutrition, Nutrition Counseling, and Nutrition and Dietetics for health staff working in nutrition field in both hospitals and communities.
More details about the courses are presented as follows:
I. Short course on basic nutrition (including both theory and practice)
- Trainees: 46 participants from Provincial Preventive Health Centers, Reproductive Health Centers, Traditional Medicine Hospitals, Agriculture Hospitals of 9 provinces, including 6 northern, 2 central (Quang Ngai, Nghe An) and 1 southern province (Can Tho) together with 20 young staffs of the National Institute of Nutrition.
- Course content:
- The trainees have been trained on theory of nutrition and food. They have had in-class practice on diet development and assessment, classification of nutritional status, and field practice on community nutrition assessment for young children.
- Trainers: nutrition experts of NIN (PhD qualification and above)
- Interactive training methods have been used
- Duration: 5 days.
- Venue: NIN
Short course on basic nutrition for young staffs of NIN
| Focused group discussion - one activity of the course
II. Short training course on nutrition consultation and counseling
- Trainees: 22 medical doctors, midwives in 8 provinces that plan to set up nutrition counseling room.
- Course content: The trainees have been provided with knowledge on basic nutrition, on how to assess and develop specialized menus for target subjects, on how to assess and diagnose some common nutrition disorders in order to provide appropriate counseling and treatment for osteomalacia, rickets, anorexia, malnutrition, obesity.
- Duration: in-class training for theory 6 days
Venue: Training hall at NIN
- Trainers: doctors experienced in nutrition consultation and counseling at the counseling center for children and adults of NIN.
The course will resume after 2 months with practice section on nutrition consultation and counseling at the counseling center of NIN or field practice.
III. Short course on nutrition and dietetics (based on demands of organizations or individuals)
Short course on nutrition and dietetics (based on demands of organizations or individuals)
Trainees: 8 health staffs who are currently working or will be working at nutrition department of provincial hospitals of Binh Dinh, Hanoi, Agriculture, Vinh Phuc, Nghe An, Quang Ninh.
Duration: class training with theory of 7 days at NIN and practice in 19/8 hospital and Bach Mai hospital with duration depending on the trainees’ demand of 1 or 3 months.
For those who attend 1-month course: they have been trained on theory of dietary therapy of common nutrition related chronic diseases and acute diseases, and post surgery in hospital setting. They have practiced some skills in hospitals, such as how to develop diets for patients, how to prepare the diets, how to coordinate and manage foods, meals and food safety control.
For those who attend 3-month course: besides the above knowledge and skills, they have been trained on how to design and develop a standard nutrition ward in hospital (including personnel and equipments), how to manage and control the hospital canteens to meet with the qualification of standard diets.
|Food and Nutrition Training Center and the trainees in a meeting with the head of nutrition department of 19/8 Hospital
| Visiting the food preparation area of nutrition department of 19/8 Hospital
Some photos of the training course at Nutrition Department of 19/8 Hospital
The Food and Nutrition Training Center continues to open training courses on Community nutrition, Nutrition and Dietetics, Food Safety Control, Nutrition Counseling For more information, contact the Center at desk phone: 04.3972.4031 ( Ms Dinh Phuong Hoa, MSc or Ms Nguyen Thi Van Anh) or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org